- Three-Met Shopfitters
will keep itself informed of legislation and codes of practice
on environmental matters that are relevant in its operation, whether in the factory
or on site. It will use every endeavour to ensure that all of those covered by the
legislation are aware of its requirement, are suitably trained and that they take
all reasonable action to comply with its provisions.
- Three-Met Shopfitters has an efficient transport fleet and all staff are encouraged
to use public transport wherever possible.
- Three-Met Shopfitters will, wherever practicable and consistent with the needs of
the contract, use materials or products from sustainable/renewable sources.
- Any environmental problems anticipated in or encountered with the carrying out of
the contact in accordance with the client’s instructions, will be brought to the
attention of the client and ,if necessary, to that of any competent authority, with
a view to finding a satisfactory solution.
- In carrying out its operations, Three-Met Shopfitters take all reasonable precautions
to avoid damage to the environment or the creation of a statutory nuisance. We also
use modern equipment in order to control our noise emissions and use a sound working
- Protection of water courses and drains is maintained before any works commence,
with chemicals and fuels being stored in suitable containers.
- All waste is safely stored and then disposed of by licensed contractors. Hazardous
waste is disposed of in accordance with relevant regulations and codes of practice.
- We use a Bespoke Boiler fed with timber offcuts to heat the factory and offices.
Office paper is all from sustainable forest sources.
- Three-Met Shopfitters will nominate a Director or Senior Member of staff as having
overall responsibility for the review, development and implementation of its environmental
policy. Supervision of this policy may require the additional nomination of competent
persons, especially where site work is concerned.
This policy list is not exhaustive, and may be added to, to ensure continued effectiveness.
HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
attaches great importance to the safety of its employees
and will establish and implement a Health and Safety Management System to manage
the risks associated with our premises and activities.
The Directors of the company recognize and accept their responsibilities for all
matters of health, safety and welfare within Three-Met Shopfitters and ensures
that statutory requirements are met and appropriate standards applied through the
managerial and supervisory structure of the company.
The company will:
- Regularly monitor performance and revise the Health and Safety Management System
as necessary to ensure that the objective of continuous improvement is achieved.
- Actively promote an open attitude to Health and Safety issues, encouraging staff
to identify and report hazards so that everyone can contribute to creating and maintaining
a safe working environment.
- Communicate and consult with employees on all issues affecting their health and
safety and in doing so, bring this policy to their attention.
- Provide adequate training for all employees to enable them to work safely and effectively,
and to ensure they are competent in the work they carry out.
- Carry out and regularly review risk assessments to identify hazards and existing
control measures and to complete any corrective actions required.
- Maintain our premises and work equipment to a standard that ensures that risks are
It is the duty of all personnel when at work:
- To take reasonable care of their own safety.
- To take reasonable care of the safety of others who may be affected by what we do
or fail to do.
- To ensure we do not interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests
of health and safety.
- To report hazards and defects observed in the workplace.
This statement will be periodically reviewed in the light of experience and developments
within national health and safety legislation.
QUALITY POLICY AND STATEMENT
is committed to providing services and products which meet
or surpass customer requirements and expectations.
In an effort to maintain our past successes and to comply with market forces, we
have completed a programme to develop and implement a management system.
To achieve this objective it was essential that all Company personnel give their
full support to and comply with the Quality Management system.
QUALITY OBJECTIVES AND POLICY
It is the prime objective of the management to provide a product and associated
services that conform to the contractual and regulatory requirements in a safe efficient
and cost effective manner.
To achieve this objective the Company is committed to the integration of quality
at all levels within the Company’s organisation and to all aspects of the work executed
during the course of its business activities. Such commitment is determined by the
establishment, maintenance and documentation of a formalised quality system.
Company management is dedicated to a continuous appraising and improving process
with respect to the quality system and encourages, by formal and informal training
methods the full understanding and participation of all Company personnel.
The Quality Plan is the document of the quality system and its requirements, together
with the requirements of the documents referred to therein, and mandatory on all
The Quality Assurance Director is entrusted with the responsibility and authority
for the maintenance of the Quality System and for establishing whether the quality
activities performed by Company personnel comply with its requirements.